Saturday, January 31, 2009

poetry

we did a poetry unit in english class this year, which i was dreading. i always hate the forced "iambic pentameter", "meter", and "beat". but for the first time, my english teacher really understood poetry as an art form, not as figures and math, like the rest of the grown-ups. so for once, i really liked poetry. i would barely even write it in class, let alone on my own. but here is some i wrote today, on my own.

WHO CARES WHAT I WANT
i really don't like being sick.
i don't want to throw up
i don't want a racing heart
i don't want the caffeine overdose
EVER AGAIN.
i really don't like bleeding.
i don't want to see it run
i don't want to see the scars
i don't want the cold knife blade
EVER AGAIN.
i really don't like the silence inside
i don't want to keep it all bottled up
i don't want the happiness to be a facade
i don't want to pretend
EVER AGAIN.
i really don't like you.
i don't want you to touch me
i don't want to see her "prettier" face
i don't want your stupid lies
EVER AGAIN.
LIES? WHO CARES WHAT I WANT...


REACH-AROUND
You reach around
I'm not looking
You think.
Pull me in
And whisper
It'll be ok
In my ear.
I can't believe 
You're still 
Lying.
"It'll be ok"
"It'll be alright"
And what do
I have to say?
"If you please"
"Get offa me"


ANGELO (PANTS ON FIRE)

GUILTY PLEASURE

CUTIE

SWEETHEART

MINE

WONDERFUL

ODD

SUSPICIOUS

HIS OWN

SECRETIVE

WORSE

LIAR

LEAVE ME

RUNAWAY

PANTS ON FIRE

LIAR, LIAR

HERS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

my name is katie and i'm 13 years old. if i was older, i wouldn't be here anymore. one of these days i'll get out. the adults say that i waste too much time. i might, but at least i go slowly enough to realize that starbucks isn't the maverick, that the speed limit isn't 150, and that theres a little girl in front of me at the supermarket. i like to think that the days when people drank tea and ate little biscuits really existed. those are lies but recreation of lies can be almost true. so i hope you can remember the times that never happened and unwind.